Jewelry for men is certainly not as talked about in the fashion industry as women’s jewelry fashion trends. However, men’s jewelry is becoming more and more acceptable in all circles. Who has seen Morgan Freeman’s earring? Take a look at Mick Jagger’s arms adorned with bracelets. Brad Pitt has even been known to sport a necklace or two.
Typically, men’s jewelry has been limited to a wedding ring, a “championship” or fraternity ring, cuff links, and a watch. Men’s jewelry is expanding more and more to include bracelets, necklaces and earring, not earrings. There is even report of men now wearing “pledge” rings like women wear engagement rings.
Jewelry fashion trends for men, in 2014, are a continuation of 2013 with a few new twists.
5 of the trendiest things in men’s jewelry are:
- The cuff bracelet is really standing out this year. They are bigger and wider and have a little added accessory on them. Gucci is showing a wide leather cuff bracelet with “horsebit” detail (Gucci.com). Other bracelet trends include metal link bracelets, nautical look bracelets, beaded bracelets and leather bracelets. (Fashionbeans.com) You can mix and match these bracelets, carefully, but it can be done. Mixing the leather with the metal and the beaded with the nautical look will work when you are not trying to fit too many on your arm.
- Military influenced jewelry will be part of the 2014 men’s jewelry look. Men’s dog tag necklaces will be popular. You will even find dog tag necklaces with a stone imbedded in them.
- Tungsten and titanium rings are another big trend for 2014. They were beginning to be popular in 2013 but are going to really take off in 2014. These are the ring of choice for a “pledge” ring.
- Gothy, spiky, punky jewelry is going to be a big jewelry trend that will also be in line with a fashion trend for women in 2014. Dark, leathery, spiky cuffs and spiky skull rings are going to pull together any punk look you want to wear. Check out this look at Mike Kagee’s fashion blog – Stylediary1. It’s a little bit scary looking but for the right person, wearing the right thing, this could be the key accessory.
- GQ reports that watches will range from “carbon composites to exquisite automatons.” The classic simple watch will still be in style but there will be lots to choose from when you look at all the fun, funky and art-deco watches available in 2014. There are so many watches and watch styles to choose from, that anyone should be able to find a watch that fits easily with their style and their personality.
While most men’s jewelry is still confined to a watch and a ring for work, there are some new trends, especially in bracelets, that might make even the most conservative of men think about stepping out and adding a touch of men’s jewelry to his wardrobe.